Scanning my logs to see what search terms are bringing people here, I noticed a slightly disturbing search for “d-i-r-t-y christmas pictures”. Sure enough, an old entry about Christmas pictures had me explaining how I’d posted the pictures quickly. I subsequently took the pictures down, so web searchers are probably quite disappointed. I’ve edited the page, so hopefully Google will pick up on this and stops sending me traffic from that particular search.
The offseason for NASCAR has been pretty busy, as usual. When your season runs from February through November, there isn’t a lot of down time, especially since the first race of the year — the Daytona 500 — is also the most important.
Some items of note:
- Satellite radio coverage is moving from XM to Sirius who is already running full page color ads in USA Today
- Tony Stewart joins Howard Stern and others with his own radio show on Sirius
- For TV coverage, NBC and FX are out while Fox, Speed Channel, ABC, ESPN and TNT will split the races; for details of this 8-year, $4.8B deal, see this Wikipedia article
- DirecTV will offer live in-car coverage for certain drivers (for an additional cost, unfortunately)
- Goody’s Headache Power replaced by Tylenol – I’m not even sure what to say about this
Update 2006-02-07: Also see more details about the NASCAR TV Schedule.
Start counting down the days…