Welcome to my small corner of the Internet!
I’ve been blogging here on cantoni.org since July 1999, originally as one of the early beta testers of CityDesk, then starting in 2002 with several versions of MovableType. Finally in early 2014 I switched to WordPress. I don’t post too often, so one side effect is that some of my older articles still have a decent amount of traffic. Try searching for “fiddler android” to see an example.
I’ve been a software team leader/manager for many years, having worked in several different industries. I’ve worked at companies like Palm, Yahoo, and Citrix and in 2014 joined DataStax to lead part of the DataStax Enterprise development team. For more detail on my career, you can check out my LinkedIn profile.
I’ve been able to use my experience to improve web and communications for several sports clubs including:
- Silicon Valley Pig Jig – a new fundraising event website which launched in December 2017, leading up to the first annual event in October 2018. The Pig Jig is a country music, BBQ and beer festival which is a fundraiser for NephCure Kidney International
- Stanford Girls Water Polo – keep WordPress up to date, rolled out new themes, added PayPal support, train and assist club leaders as needed
- Saratoga Woods Swim Club – legacy Dreamweaver site; since turned over to next leadership team
- West San Jose NJB – a new site implemented in WordPress for a youth basketball league; added PayPal support for registration and dues collection; since turned over to next set of board member volunteers
I have a few side projects such as:
- Tweetfave – free service which sends you Twitter “favorited” tweets to your inbox for reading later
- Scooterlabs – a few online experiments and apps
- Engineering Tourist – coming soon!
- Cantoni.mobi – directory of mobile websites; still very popular with older mobile phones and low-bandwidth internet users
The best way to reach me is by email: brian AT cantoni.org.
Other places you can find me include:
- Twitter: bcantoni
- Instagram: bcantoni
- LinkedIn: briancantoni
- Github: bcantoni
- Stack Overflow: brianc
- Flickr: cantoni