AmphetaDesk v0.93.1 was recently released, so I need to go through an update the enhancements (‘hacks’) that I created. Tonight I updated FTPstore accordingly and added a couple of other improvements. I still need to update the template and AmphetaMailer.
I recently learned how to use wget for retrieving single web pages or entire mirrors and thought I’d capture some of my thoughts and notes.
Summary of alternate stylesheets which can be switched by certain browsers, including Netscape 6 and Mozilla.
While reviewing some of my referrer logs recently, I noticed a couple of hits to specific picture pages based on Google search results. I decided it was time to learn how to keep search engines away from certain parts of my site. Following are some things I learned along the way.
Well, that was easier than I thought it would be. I’ll probably jinx it by saying so, but the move was pretty easy. Cantoni.org is now being hosted by Pair.com. The biggest unknown for me was the DNS change. I was skeptical when they claimed it takes “24 – 72 hours” for the change to propagate through, but I noticed it at just over 24 hours. Not bad. For now, I’m keeping the old site up until I make sure everything made it over safely (http://184.108.40.206/). Update 11/12/02: This whole transition points out another great benefit of CityDesk. Once my…